Spectral DMC-30SV Series 2 'Super Veloce' Reference Preamplifier
Selected Design Highlights
- Full feature remote control operates all functions.
- Indicator displays are clearly visible from a distance.
- New generation high-level line output section topology.
- Improved SHHA G3 ultra high-speed hybrid amplifier modules with ultra precision compensation components.
- 80 volts peak-to-peak output voltage for unprecedented dynamics.
- Relays allow signal control selection at the optimal point in the circuitry, maintaining the shortest signal path.
- Microprocessor "sleep mode" and silent display architecture.
- Cost-no-object discrete custom component technologies.
- Custom ultra-precision mil-spec motorized studio audio volume attenuator.
- Ultra low-noise "silent power" supply system, with floating ground shunt regulation.
- Three-tiered architecture takes the signal path off the power supply circuit board.
- Balanced architecture takes maximum advantage of differential operation.
- Optically isolated protection systems for maximum signal purity.
- Custom semiconductor devices developed exclusively for this topology.
- Custom Teflon and polystyrene film capacitors in critical circuit locations.
- Proprietary ultra-precision Teflon Array film capacitor technology.
- Bulk metal ultra precision resistors in critical signal locations.
DMC-30SV Series 2 Preamplifier Technical Data Input Compliment 7 inputs - 5 normal (RCA), 1 balanced (XLR), tape monitor (RCA) Output Compliment 3 outputs - normal (RCA), balanced (XLR), tape (RCA) Control Compliment: Output Attenuation Motorized custom fader conductive plastic, modified log taper Output Balance Relay attenuator system with center position bypass Mute Switch 0, -20 dB attenuation High Level Trim 0 and -12dB attenuation for all high level inputs Mode Switches Stereo/Mono Absolute Phase Input Select 6 position, and Tape Monitor Output Level Display 50 step LED Output Balance Display 50 step LED Input Impedance 15K ohms Output Impedance 100 ohms Gain 20 db unbalanced, 26 db balanced Recording Amplifiers: Input Impedance 11K ohms, 100 ohms minimum load Output Impedance 2K ohms Protection Circuit: Protection Mode DC offset, oscillation Method: Crowbar output relays Sensitivity 20 mV continuous DC Recovery Approximately 10 seconds Chassis Temperature Internal 48 degree Celsius @ 25 degree C room temperature Frequency Response: DC to 5 MHz -3dB DC to 1 MHz -0.10dB Any level to 36 V RMS Slew Rate 1000 V/us or greater Rise Time 70 ns Distortion - Static Less than .005% THD and IM Crosstalk Greater than 97dB Noise 108dB A Weighted, ref 100 mV @ 1 KHz Output Voltage 1.6 VRMS, 100 V peak to peak maximum Output Current 1 Ampere maximum per channel, balanced out Gain Options 15 dB, 21 dB
Remote Control Operates all front panel functions, level and balance rates, display brightness and system reset DMC-30SV Series 2 Mechanical Specifications Dimensions: 19" W 12.25" D 4.1" H 48.3 cm W 31.1 cm D 10.4 cm H Weight: 26 lbs net. 11.8 kg net. Please note that all of the information and specifications provided herein are subject to change owing to the evolutionary nature of Spectral designs and technology.