Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua
moving coil cartridge
Titanium head with most advanced magnetic circuit design
The improved Te Kaitora Rua continues the journey by incorporating many of the newest features of its Dynavector stable-mates, the XV-1s and XX-2. The Te Kaitora Rua has even managed to improve on the original's silk-like treble and openness.
Note: Te Kaitora means "The Discoverer" in the language of the NZ Maori people, Rua, is "the second version".
- The wire for the coil has been changed to the PCOCC copper wire from the silver wire. It sounds a much smoother and has a much better musical performance.
- A titanium headpiece for maximum ridgity along with a miniature stainless steel bolt coupling the front and rear yokes to the magnetic circuit assembly.
- A 6mm long boron cantilever with the Pathfinder (PF) line contact stylus as used with both Dynavector XV-1s and XX-2.
- The ingenious square shaped armature and matching square shaped aperture in the front yoke providing much improved linearity in the magnetic flux distribution.
- Type: low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and alnico magnet
- Output Voltage: 0.26mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Channel Separation: 30 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
- Frequency response: 20 - 20,000Hz (± 1dB)
- Compliance: 10 mm/N
- Tracking force: 1.8 - 2.2 g
- Impedance: 6 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: > 30 ohms
- Cantilever: 6mm length solid boron
- Stylus tip: PF Line contact shape, stylus radius: 7 x 30 micron
- Weight: 9.8 g